Lineaist Playlist

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bondi Superfly



Bondi is by far the most popular beach of Sydney's Eastern Suburbs, and so I wasn't sweating it too much. My attention is not needed or missed. When we visited it was clear why surfers prefer Bondi. The size of the bay is easily twice that of Coogee (see map in post below), and bigger waves come in for them to, well, surf. More hostels, more traffic, more everything. I am not from the school of more is better. To quote Linklater: "It's quality not quantity, man."



I did find quality in the typical Sydney stuff. The sunset was awesome, and I love how the weather on the coast of Sydney, even on the hottest days, cools down to a Southern California chill. It reminds me of desert weather in Lubbock, Texas. We walked through the neighborhood and I found the apartment I would have with the right combination of income and timing. It reminded me of the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris. (Unfortunately the part that collapsed.)



We ended the night at a nice little bar with tapas and a balcony on the second floor overlooking the beach. It is a choice location and we hear they have a live DJ on Sunday nights. I told our waiter the empty DJ booth made me want to cry.

No comments: